1. Most veterinary medications are restricted, under federal law, for sale only by veterinarians. That means online pharmacies and retail stores acquire them by unofficial distribution channels that are not authorized by the manufacturer.
2. It is illegal and fraudulent for an online pharmacy to sell a prescription medication without approval from your veterinarian. This includes all heartworm preventions, NSAIDS (including Deramaxx), and Comfortis.
3. There is over a 50% chance that medications purchased from illegal sites are counterfeit, which can be dangerous to your pet’s health.
4. The FDA found that discounted drugs sold online may be mishandled, tampered with, defaced, repackaged, or expired.
5. The manufacturers of flea and heartworm preventions will guarantee the safety and efficacy of their products. They will cover treatment for heartworm disease, intestinal parasites, or adverse side effects with proper administration. Purchasing online voids all guarantees
6. They do not have the best prices! Your veterinarian works directly with product manufacturers to ensure you receive money saving promotional offers you can’t get online, including free doses, mail-in rebates, and free shipping.
7. At Countryside, you can return or exchange any flea or heartworm product. Your satisfaction and your pet’s health are very important to us.
8. Call an educated Pet Vet staff member with any questions or concerns.